IBM System Storage SAN64B-2 SAN Switch
The IBM SAN64B-2 (2005-B64) belongs to the System Storage SAN b-type 4 Gbps switch family. This switches are architected to support enhanced performance for storage networking demands with greater affordability, more throughput, and heightened port density.
Optional features for the IBM SAN64B-2 include Additional Port Activation, Advanced Security, Enhanced ISL Trunking, Extended Fabrics and Performance Monitoring.
IBM SAN64B-2, 2005-B64 Features:
- 4 Gbps port-to-port connectivity with auto-sensing capability for connecting to existing 1 and 2, and future 4 Gbps host servers, storage systems, and switches
- Up to 64 nonblocking ports with 1, 2, or 4 Gbps connections
- High availability features: automatic path routing and many nondisruptive firmware upgrades
- Scalable ports on demand: 32, 48, or 64 ports to accommodate a broad range of connectivity solutions in a 2U form factor for enhanced port density and space utilization
- Scalability of mid-range to large SAN fabric environments
- Open Fibre Channel Protocol support
- Full compatibility with existing TotalStorage SAN b-type switches (IBM 2005, 2109, and 3534)
- Base firmware features: Fabric Watch, Full Fabric, Advanced Zoning, and Web Tools
- Support for 4 Gbps long wave and 4 Gbps short wave small form-factor pluggable (SFP) optic transceivers
For pricing on new or used IBM System Storage SAN64B-2 switches, please contact Vibrant sales at email@example.com or call 888-443-8606 or 952-653-1700.