Cisco Catalyst 3012 Blade Switch for IBM
Significantly lower cable complexity and simplify ongoing operations with the Cisco Catalyst Switch Module 3012 for IBM BladeCenter. And, protect your important information using the comprehensive range of security features this switch offers, including ACLs to protect against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks and Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol, Kerberos Protocol, and Simple Network Management Protocol Version 3 (SNMPv3) to encrypt administrative and network management information.
- Four external 1Gb ports and fourteen internal 1Gb ports
- Operates in standard I/O module bay across all chassis types
- Fully compatible with Open Fabric Manager – enabled for I/O virtualization with no changes required in switch module during installation or after blade replacement or failover
Supports Layer 2 and basic Layer 3 switching (static routing and RIP)
- Common management with external Cisco switches via IOS Command Line Interface and CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution
Cisco Catalyst 3012 Features:
- 36-Gbps switching fabric
- Forwarding rate based on 64-byte packets; up to 36 million packets per second (mpps)
- 256 MB SDRAM and 64 MB flash memory
- Up to 8192 MAC addresses configurable
- Up to 1000 IGMP groups and bridging entries configurable
- Maximum transmission units (MTUs) up to 9018 bytes (jumbo frames) configurable
Connectors and Cabling:
- 4 external 10/100/1000BASE-T ports
- Management console port: RJ-45-to-DB9 cable for PC connections
- Cisco Catalyst Switch Module 3012 for IBM BladeCenter
Vibrant offers complete configurations as well as individual parts and upgrades for this model.
For pricing on new or used Cisco Catalyst switches, upgrades or parts, please contact Vibrant sales at email@example.com or call 888-443-8606 or 952-653-1700.